Assistant Montessori Directress
Job title Assistant Montessori Directress
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a Criminal Records Check.
Responsible to: Pre-School Manager and Deputy Manager.
Qualification: Achieving Montessori Diploma.
Purpose of the job
As a member of the pre-school team to care for the children and assist them with their activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Speak and behave in a professional manner with staff, children, parents, visitors, service people, et cetera, at all times.
- Be prepared to flexibly adapt to the diverse situations that arise in early childhood education.
- Take initiative to fulfil typical responsibilities and take direction from the supervising teacher regarding additional duties, setting priorities, and atypical situations. Offers to play additional roles are highly valued.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of children
- Supervise children throughout the day, indoors and outdoors.
- To share any child protection concerns immediately with the Pre-School Deputy Manager and Manager.
- Assist with the creation of a welcoming and attractive classroom.
- Assist children with their activities to develop each child to their full potential.
- Adhere to Montessori philosophy and encourage children’s independence.
- Help with toileting and nappy changing etc.
- Maintain records of children’s progress.
- Monitor children through structured Montessori programme practiced at the Pre-School.
- To act as a key person to a group of children and discuss their needs with Manager/Deputy Manager.
- Write reports when requested by Manager/Deputy Manager.
- Prepare materials for activities.
- Set up, clean materials as necessary/directed.
- Help to maintain Montessori shelves left to right, easy to hard.
- Make sure materials are safe and complete in good order to be used.
- Lead a small group or large group activities.
- Develop positive relationships with parents and staff.
- Attend parent’s meetings, staff meetings and training when required.
- Adhere to pre-school procedures and policies, e.g. health and safety, risk assessments, confidentiality, data protection, child protection etc.
- Assist in setting up and packing away classroom equipment and keeping the areas used by the pre-school clean and safe.
- Make agreed purchases and submit receipts to Manager for reimbursement
- To perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Manager.